Engineering Graduate Programme Transportation & Urban Planning Birmingham & London 2021
We’re a business built on pushing boundaries and our future will be defined by the mindsets of our people. That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for people who take inspiration from everywhere, every person and every interaction.
We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
About the Programme
We solve human problems that improve people’s quality of life. So being an engineer at Arcadis is about applying a human filter to all of your technical expertise and training. You’ll be responsible for transforming the world through innovation and creativity. If that sounds like an interesting challenge, then building a long-term and varied career with Arcadis will be the perfect next step for you.
Our engineering programme covers projects in Civil, Geotechnical, Geospatial, environmental, electrical, Mechanical and Systems engineering.
During this three-year rotational graduate programme you will be working across a number of sectors. You will develop core engineering and consulting techniques that can be applied while working with our clients in the UK and potentially even some of our international clients around the globe.
We will actively encourage you to experience the variety of service lines and sectors within the business and to develop a true understanding about what we can offer our clients. Working in teams of Design engineering consultants you will be expected to own deliverables, liaise with clients, contribute and enhance your skillset.
Our Transport Planning team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding, including some of the UK’s largest residential and mixed use developments including the NW Bicester Eco Town and Northstowe new town, Cambridgeshire, as well as Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. We have a reputation for the delivery of development projects across the UK and have worked for a wide variety of national and local clients carrying out Transport Assessments, Travel and Transport Planning, Traffic Management Plans and Environmental Impact Studies to gain consent for schemes. During this time, we have been engaged on the transportation and impact aspects of Education, Health, Energy and Community Development schemes and Infrastructure proposals, delivering new and proven solutions to transportation issues.
- Undertake surveys and analysis of transport conditions
- Assist in producing transport assessments and travel plans for a wide range of developments
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the transport documents for planning applications
- Provide inputs to multi-disciplinary studies and environmental assessments, including routeing strategies, traffic management and strategy advic
- Developing skills and knowledge base within the Arcadis Graduate Programme
- Assisting with analyses relating to transport planning projects
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports and presentations relating to the project as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Presenting information in a clear, accurate and professional format
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations
You’ll benefit from structured training, mentoring, plus funding and support for accreditations relevant to your programme, aswell as the assistance you need to develop and succeed.
To be considered for this 3 year Graduate programme you will need to be on course for achieving a relevant Degree in Planning, Engineering or related subject plus a Masters in Transport Planning (desirable)
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.