Architecture Development Software Engineer Graduate 2021
Arm’s technology is used by billions of people every day. The Architecture and Technology Group in Cambridge (UK) is responsible for exploring, developing, and driving the direction of Arm’s products in the next 3-5 years. As part of this group, you will play an essential role in developing the next generation of devices.
As a member of a small and versatile team, you will work closely with experts across all technology groups at Arm. You will be responsible for understanding and advancing the next generation of computing systems. To do this, you will develop and share prototypes and models of future architecture technologies and evaluate their performance with real frameworks, algorithms and data.
What you'll need
Architecture defines the contract between hardware and software. As a successful Graduate Architecture Software Engineer you must have a strong interest in both hardware and software, and a good awareness of the interaction between the two. You will have a desire to extend both the depth and breadth of your expertise.
Essential skills and requirements
- A good understanding of computer architecture concepts and trends.
- C or C++ programming skills.
- A strong undergraduate or postgraduate degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering. Other academic backgrounds will be considered with relevant experience.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work with new tools and programming languages.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Working at the interface between software and hardware. For example, device driver, operating system, or compiler development.
- Familiarity with low level assembly language.
- Proficiency in a high-level shell or scripting language such as Python.
- Personal projects and/or contributions to open source projects.