Project Manager Part Time Undergraduate 2021
You know us. Or maybe not, but that doesn’t change the fact we’re with you, morning, noon and night. If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an Arm powered product.
Our advanced processor designs play a substantial part in optimising the performance of 95% of all connected devices!
This means we’ve teamed up with almost all the big names in tech. Over 35 billion Arm technology-based chips (that’s 125 shipped every second) and the software driving them are in everything from the world’s fastest supercomputer to driverless car controls to ground-breaking healthcare equipment.
The sheer number of applications is why we’re one of the world’s biggest technology companies. Even if you don’t know our name, over 70% of the global population is using our tech every day through the ones you do know.
So, what? What can we give you no one else can? Well, just because you’re joining a business of 7,000 truly talented innovators, either starting in one of our sleek and creative offices or working from home, to us you’re an individual.
We have a ‘we, not I’ approach in terms of collaboration, but when it comes to your training, development and progression, Arm have a plan just for you. You can carve out a career as unique as you are, with our mentors right there supporting you, even when the world throws us a curveball.
Dreaming of becoming a world-class Software Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Data Analyst, Marketing master or HR specialist? Don’t worry, we're here with you all the way.
Arm has a range of vacancies for enthusiastic undergraduates with a passion for Project Management. With the right background and a willingness to learn, you will be considered for a career in our Central Technology department.
Within CT you will work closely with our team of highly skilled project managers, engineers and researchers to deliver core technologies into our IP groups.Typically this could involve planning, scheduling, task tracking, monitoring and control, conducting and facilitating risk management activities, reviews, assessments and lessons learned activities.The team will be able to guide you, enabling you to grow your skills and gain valuable experience to ultimately lead delivery by leading technical teams for both agile and schedule driven projects.You will also benefit from gaining formal project management qualifications to underpin your experience if you wish. You do not need prior specific product or technical knowledge to apply for this role, but you will need to be willing to learn and a keen interest in Project Management or Engineering.
The Automotive & IoT Line of Business is responsible for customer and partner engagement activities at all levels of the value chain for these market segments. In Automotive our solutions range from Autonomous drive to IVI and Powertrain and in IoT extending to Industrial, Storage and Endpoint AI solutions. The Line of Business is responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow the business, defining the right products and solutions, and ensuring our customers are successful. Our mission is to grow demand for Arm’s products & services and win new silicon designs whilst maintaining our excellent standards that enable our partners to shape future technology.
The Arm Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for enabling Arm to deliver projects and programs though strong governance, technology, and business intelligence. The role will provide you with the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of how projects are delivered across Arm globally. You can expect:
- To be involved in in and ultimately lead change initiatives that mature the way Arm delivers projects.
- To develop skills around requirements gathering, scoping, planning, controlling projects, dealing with a wide variety of partners across Arm globally and developing skills in a variety of technologies that support project delivery.
- To develop a pathway into a deeper PMO specialism or into project management in Arm.
Essential Skills & Experience
You will be passionate about Project Management, proactive, and a ‘doer’ who can execute tasks on time. You will be keen to learn and grow your experience and skills.
- Working towards a degree in Project or Programme Management is desired, although other degrees would be considered.
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Highly organised, shown either during academic or in your personal life
- Meticulous with great attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Problem solving, and analytical thinking
- A good listener, with a collaborative mentality
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
- Technical background, either through formal training or as hobbyist
- Familiarity with different delivery methodologies, e.g. Agile or Waterfall
- An understanding of computer science, hardware or software design
In parallel with your studies, for approx. 8 hours per month, you will be required to perform some project work, ambassador activities and participate in learning and development relevant to a career at Arm. This will be followed by longer period of full-time employment during the summer holidays where you will be aligned to a business group