Graduate Consultant - Technical Due Diligence 2022
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role
Arup's award-winning Business and Investor Advisory (BIA) team is one of the top technical advisers in the infrastructure and energy markets. Our advice spans the breadth of the project lifecycle and we work across international markets. You will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects at all stages of the project, involving technical advisory to infrastructure and private investors, asset owners, operators and developers, governments, and international finance institutions. Decarbonisation and sustainability agendas are at the core of our projects.
You'll join a team of around 100 people based in London, Solihull (Birmingham), Leeds and Manchester, providing technical and operational advices to a range of assignments in various sectors, including energy, utilities, transport and telecommunications sectors. Our works range from small scale single assets to multi-utility portfolios spanning across the globe.
The typical work we would expect you to deliver will include:
- Responsible for reviewing reports, specifications and drawings to understand key technical and operational risks, with support from senior colleagues
- Review technical inputs into business plans such as operating and capital costs and operational inputs
- Support the team to co-ordinate and produce discrete sections of technical due diligence reports from a diverse team
- Support the project teams in preparing presentations on project findings and conclusions
- Business development support – writing and managing proposals, and keeping abreast of potential opportunities
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
We are looking to recruit graduate consultants into the Technical Due Diligence team in London, Solihull and Manchester.
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher level) in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) discipline, or similar
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.