Graduate Electrical Engineer 2021
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we seamlessly combine digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths to help solve complex problems more efficiently and offer new ways of working in this digital age.
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas
- Power – HV/LV Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial Clients – steam generation, chemical handling
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Rail – electrical infrastructure, power, telecommunications
Are you interested in a career in Electrical Engineering?
Right now, we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals across various offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and guided towards gaining professional accreditation.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, Government agencies and councils, process industries and renewable energy investors.
You'll provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Engineering Science, Rail Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, Communications Engineering (2.1 or above)
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Engineering Science, Rail Engineering or Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, Communications Engineering (2:1 or above) would be advantageous, although not essential
- Studying, or have studied, an IET accredited course
- A good understanding of CAD and BIM and experience of design projects would be beneficial.
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Enthusiasm for a career in electrical engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Able to start September 2021
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you?
Assessment centres will take place from December 2020, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Please note that we are able to offer Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship for these roles.
Please also be aware, due to the nature of the work in Whitehaven & Warrington, applicants must be security clearable.