Graduate Electrical Engineer – Infrastructure 2022
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role
As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we seamlessly combine digital and data-related As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we seamlessly combine digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths to help solve complex problems more efficiently and offer new ways of working in this digital age.
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas & hydrogen from renewables
- Power – HV/LV Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial Clients – steam generation, chemical handling & nuclear infrastructure
- Process - food and beverage processing
Right now, we're looking for graduates to join our MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control & Automation) team of bright professionals across various offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and guided towards gaining professional accreditation.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, , Government agencies and councils, process industries and renewable energy investors.
You'll provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Engineering Science, Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science or Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, would be advantageous, although not essential
- Studying, or have studied, an IET accredited course
- A good understanding of CAD and BIM and experience of design projects would be beneficial.
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Enthusiasm for a career in electrical engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.