Graduate Infrastructure Advisory Consultant 2022
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role
Our advisory work supports our ethos of ‘shaping a better world' and tackling today's major issues including climate change, sustainability, inclusion and social equality.
We face the challenge that infrastructure assets are becoming increasingly complex as the customer users' needs change, technology advances and legacy assets require complex upgrades and maintenance. We are active in the Transport, Water, Energy and Rail markets, and undertake a wide range of work including:
- Asset Management
- Assurance and Regulation
- Business Case and strategic infrastructure planning
- Energy advice (Renewables and Nuclear)
- Innovation and Technology
- Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics and Robotics
- Intelligent Mobility
- Performance, Procurement and Supply Chain
- Risk and Resilience
- Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon
Against this context advisory may be described as a collection of high value professional services to help service the complex needs of our clients and develop innovative solutions to their challenges. Due to our global reach we work across several market sectors including highways, rail, water and energy.
Typical responsibilities will include
- Working closely with clients and developing solutions on a project by project basis
- Building strong relationships with team members and the wider Arup
- Work flexibly and contribute to the work and performance of the team
- Source, research, and analyse information from a variety of sources
- Apply appropriate standards and exploit the latest technologies to perform tasks
You will work within a supportive, integrated team delivering meaningful and exciting projects which range in scale and complexity. You will have an opportunity to work on projects all over the world, whilst learning from our highly experienced team. You will also have the opportunity to work on traditional design and major projects to provide a well-balanced start to your professional career.
What are we looking for?
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Geography, Science, Mathematics and Data/Computer Science
- Applicants with (or in progress) Masters and PhDs considered and encouraged (but not essential)
- Enthusiasm for a career in infrastructure advisory, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a talented team
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Exhibit an analytical and considered thought process
- Experience with coding / programming of interest (but not essential)
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
- Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
- As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
- You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
- Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.
Complete the application form, attaching any required documents. We'll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. You are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in advance of the application deadline. Our assessment centres for this opportunity will take place from December 2021.
For this opportunity, we welcome applications from individuals that are eligible to apply for / currently hold a Graduate visa. As appropriate, any offer we make will be conditional upon your visa application being approved.
Please be aware that we can only accept one application during each recruitment period, so please only apply for the position that suits you best. If you decide to apply for a different role, please withdraw your first application before submitting the new one.
Different people, shared values
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive and nurturing culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
Arup is committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.