Graduate Intelligent Mobility Consultant - Infrastructure Birmingham/Leeds/London 2022
For this opportunity, we welcome applications from individuals that are eligible to apply for / currently hold a Graduate visa. As appropriate, any offer we make will be conditional upon your visa application being approved.
Please be aware that we can only accept one application during each recruitment period, so please only apply for the position that suits you best. If you decide to apply for a different role, please withdraw your first application before submitting the new one.
Launch your career with Arup
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role
Within our Intelligent Mobility business our goal is to prepare our clients for a new era of user-focussed mobility and to create environments where more people can enjoy integrated, seamless journeys. To achieve this, we work with governments, industry and investors to use data and technology to reimagine mobility.
We think about Intelligent Mobility in terms of Key Themes around which our services are based
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mobility Pricing
- Low Emission Mobility
- Shared & Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Systems and Operations (Including more traditional Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS))
- Active Travel and
- Data & Tools
Our approach to Intelligent Mobility is driven by operational needs and user requirements and our specialists work with operators and planners to help define a vision for their transport operations and make sure this can become a reality. We use data analytics, transport expertise, clear thinking and technology solutions to make travelling a seamless and efficient experience. By considering entire journeys and thinking across modes of transport, we make transport systems around the world safer, more efficient and more sustainable to use and operate. Our technical advice, planning, design and management creates complete solutions for towns and cities as well as bespoke improvements to site-specific issues.
- We have developed CAV and data strategies for key transport authorities in the UK and overseas, as well as managed the largest trial of connected and self-driving vehicles ever to have taken place in the UK.
- Our research and development work has accelerated the advancement of electric vehicles, where we have also supported the delivery of Electric Vehicle Charging Points throughout the strategic road network in England.
- We design traffic signal and car parking guidance systems to keep traffic moving in towns and in car parks;
- On the highways, our motorway control systems enable hard shoulder running and variable speed limits to increase capacity safely;
- We create electronic payment solutions that protect revenue and make tolling, road pricing and smart public transport ticketing run smoothly. We also find smarter ways to help public transport passengers and motorists choose the most efficient journeys by supplying the information they need – before they leave home and on the move.
We have been delivering Intelligent Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for over 30 years on the global stage through either bespoke single-point solutions or through larger integrated transport projects. Our services are provided through the whole project lifecycle of concept and feasibility, planning and design, testing and commissioning and operation and maintenance.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Right now, we're looking for Graduates to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of data management and analytics, engineering principles and software applications such as GIS. A healthy interest in design and implementation of projects and technology solutions is beneficial.
You will be a member of an effective team delivering professional services to our clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of our design and advisory teams means that you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts across a wide range of disciplines in this fast paced industry.
What are we looking for?
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a STEM subject, such as but not limited to; Intelligent Transport Systems, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, System Engineering, Geography, GIS, Data Science and Human Factors
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Experience with coding languages and solutions
- Enthusiasm for a career in Intelligent Mobility underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.
Complete the application form, attaching any required documents. We'll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. You are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in advance of the application deadline. Our assessment centres for this opportunity will take place from December 2021.
Different people, shared values
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
Arup is committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our selection process.