Graduate Software Developer Buildings 2022
At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life ground-breaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the design of the Electric Black Cab. Staff from across the breadth of our 16,000-person global team come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
A career in any of our Buildings Engineering teams provides an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment in which to work. Our engineers work in active partnership with clients to understand their needs and aspirations. We work together with a broad range of specialists to propose innovative technical and economic solutions to complex briefs, making the most challenging of programmes and advanced construction techniques possible.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to shape a better world by providing the tools to enable us and our clients to tackle the most challenging engineering problems.
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for Graduates to join our well-established Buildings teams. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a multi-disciplinary environment and work in a team which combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise in building design. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
- You will be involved in the development of new digital design and analysis tools, to support data analysis
- You will be involved in the analysis of data sets generated in the design of our projects and enriched through digital surveys, digital inspections and real-time monitoring
- You will assist in automating and optimising our existing design workflows, working alongside experienced data scientists, software developers and domain experts in the application of technology to help solve complex engineering problems
- You will assist and learn from our team how we collaborate with leading public-sector clients, contractors and operators
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- Degree in Software Development, Software Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Science (2.1 or above)
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in software development
- Competency in programming/scripting
- Experience of relational and/or non-relational database design/implementation and object orientated programming and of source control would be desirable
You must be able to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.