Graduate Water Engineering Strategy Consultant - Infrastructure 2022
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of the role
As part of Arup's wider water business, the team provides strategy, planning, regulation and economic consulting services to high profile clients, both in the UK and internationally. We advise our clients on the important challenges they are facing, such as climate emergency, resilience and total impact of their investment plans. As our water team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests to add value to the following workstreams:
- Investment appraisal and valuation
- Sustainability strategy
- Strategic planning
- Operational and organisational resilience
From your first day, you will join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. Working as part of a team, your role will be to advise city and infrastructure clients on a range of strategic, policy and economics issues. Across the public and private sectors, you will help manage client relationships with public sector agencies, private sector clients, infrastructure operators and other organisations such as regulators.
Your day-to-day responsibilities may include the following:
- Primary and secondary research and data analysis
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Liaising with client and managing stakeholders
- Designing and facilitating workshops
- Solving technical problems, and providing innovative solutions as your level of experience develops
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- Using various computer software packages ranging from Microsoft Office applications through to more specialist packages such as Arc GIS.
- Working with teams across the UK and internationally
What we are looking for
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Environmental/Water science or engineering or a degree course with related content
- Good reasoning and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to interpret the needs of clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to take a strategic view on complex, multifaceted issues
- Ability to help develop research methods and execute research projects
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- A planned and organised approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Adaptability and versatility to work across and with many environmental, engineering and design disciplines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.