Stress Engineers (All Levels) Sunderland 2022
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting edge solutions. We have a number of UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Stress Engineers at all levels from Grad – Principal to join us on projects across the wider business.
- Provide substantiation of components and systems using classical hand-calculations or computer tools such as Finite Element Analysis. This may include compliance with recognised design Codes and Standards.
- Plan, carry out and present these assessments in Calculation Reviews both internally within Assystem and with customers.
- Offer solutions to issues as they arise, don’t only report problems for others to solve.
- Act independently and also under instruction from the Assystem Lead Engineer.
- Comply with man-hour budgets for assigned tasks.
- Adhere to the Assystem quality system and, specifically, the Calculation Review Process.
- Bring innovation to the calculations to improve quality, cost and delivery.
- Assist in proposal writing and other related bidding activities when required.
What we are looking for:- (essential for all levels)
- BEng qualification in Engineering (eg Aerospace, Civil, Automotive) or Physics.
- Excellent understanding of the STEM fundamentals (eg solid mechanics, fluids etc).
- Strong ability and interest in calculations generally, and the use of computer simulation in particular.
- Hands-on experience of computer-based simulation codes such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, CFD etc. and/or hand calculations.
Experience of at least two of the following key skill areas:
- Substantiation of pressure equipment (eg to ASME B&PVC or similar), either vessels or pipework, design-by-analysis or design-by-rule.
- Experience of our core software suite: ABAQUS, ANSYS, Altair Hyperworks, RADIOSS, LS-DYNA, MathCAD, CAESAR II, Flomaster, OptiStruct, CFX. Training will be provided as necessary.
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel within the UK.
- Appreciation of (or better still skills in) 3D CAD modelling tools, eg Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks or CATIA.
Due to the nature of the work that Assystem undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting. This will include meeting certain residency criteria and may include nationality limitations.