At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday.
Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Are you a recent Engineering Graduate looking for an exciting graduate role? If so this could be the challenge you've been searching for!
We are now looking for Graduate Engineers to join AstraZeneca. These are outstanding opportunities which will give recent graduates the opportunity to work for a global pharmaceutical company who are dedicated to making life changing medicines. As a Graduate Engineer you will progress your engineering knowledge, getting involved in substantial projects that will make a difference to AstraZeneca.
We will offer you a stimulating environment where you can develop and learn as you participate in a wide variety of interesting and meaningful work.
We'll support you on your way to becoming a Chartered Engineer, as we have accredited schemes with the IET and the IMechE. At the end of the Graduate Scheme a mentor will also help you find your first role in AstraZeneca.
You'll handle small improvement projects, and complete tasks assigned to you working within larger project teams.
You'll be on a twelve-month rotation over 3 years. Rotations are likely to take place at Macclesfield, Liverpool and within Global Engineering at AstraZeneca. There may be a possible opportunity for working abroad for a short period, based on business need.
We'll get you to join a multi-discipline engineering team and you will have the flexibility to collaborate and provide insight into projects.
- Ideally you are a recent graduate with an Accredited engineering degree by an Engineering Council-backed institution. Automation, software engineering or process control degrees will be considered.
- You should have a strong technical curiosity (for example STEM style projects, Greenpower or Formula Student)
- Problem solving skills will be important, and we will develop your skills in Lean/Manufacturing Excellence methodology.
- An understanding of project management will be required.
- You should be able to collaborate within a team and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- We're looking for a confident communicator, who can work with a variety of people across the organisation.