Graduate Financial Planning Fareham 2024
You are a graduate who has had a taste of Financial Planning, either in summer jobs or a placement year. In honesty, this role is skilled administration, but we see it as a springboard to a career in Financial Planning.
Internally called "Client Advisor Support" you will learn our business from the ground up (learning by doing). When we get good early careers talent we expect them to pay their dues and then outgrow their roles within 1-2yrs, admin is our entry point, not your goal.
About the role
You will support our Financial Advisers, clients, Paraplanners and other local Hub teams with administration needs. Day to day tasks include producing valuations, processing new business, supporting Financial Advisers with diary management, booking appointments, and liaising with clients and providers.
This job is admin heavy, but in learning admin you will learn our firm from the ground up and you should use this to move through the financial planning career path. Internally we call this role Client Advisor Support.
- Administrative support to Advisers and Paraplanners.
- Maintain client records using the XPlan system.
- Manage client reviews, including preparing client valuations.
- Support Advisors in managing their pipeline and portfolio of new and existing business.
- Format and prepare letters and documents.
- Update and manage the diary system.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts and clients by telephone and e-mail.
- Where guided, implement company updates on relevant products for legislative and technical changes.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally you have some experience working within an IFA firm or similar.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of XPlan or Intelligent Office or other financial services database/CRM is desirable (full training provided).
- Intermediate Excel skills - V:lookups, Pivot tables.
- Comfortable answering client questions on the phone.
- Excellent prioritisation skills to meet, if not exceed, deadlines.
- A desire to be great at what you do!
- Graduate, ex apprentice, or early careers - you need to be smart and ambitious.
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office and 2 days at home
- Pension - 6% employer and 3% employee
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Working anywhere for up to 4 weeks
The above is a guide and not exhaustive. We work in an agile way and you might be involved in lots of different tasks or projects whilst working for us.