G7 Junior Economist
AXA Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are seeking an economist to provide macroeconomic analysis to Head of Macro Research on UK, Canadian and Japanese economies, with expectation that individual will grow into role to take full responsibility of these regions, providing advice to fund managers, clients and media.
- Provide macroeconomic analysis, including monitoring key economic data and constructing economic models, for the Canadian, UK and Japanese economies.
- Working with the Head of Macro Research, to form and maintain regularly updated forecasts for key economic variables – including GDP, inflation, unemployment and central bank policy.
- The role will immediately see exposure to a range of investment and sales teams and with AXA IM flat management structure will involve significant interaction with senior staff.
The role will be expected to grow over the coming years to see the economist increasingly take individual responsibility for these regions and speak to wider AXA Group entities, third party clients and the media.
- Minimum Master’s in Economics, or similar discipline
- Demonstrable and relevant economic experience, preferably working in one of the described economies, ideally working in a central bank or government economist role, or other financial institution
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate technical analysis to non-experts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experienced excel user and data manipulator
- Knowledge of data databases, including Datastream, Macrobond, Haver or Bloomberg would be useful
- Passion to understand and explain the workings of macroeconomies and how they impact financial markets
- Enthusiasm to build on current knowledge, learn and apply new skills and grow into the role of economist
- Ability to engage with others and work well in a team
- Versatility to operate in a dynamic field, a fast-paced organization and to tight deadlines
- Detail orientated
What We Offer
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.