Technical Pricing Analyst 2021
At AXA UK, we’ve just picked up another award for being a top place to work! We’re not only one of the Glassdoor 2021 Best Places to Work reflecting our amazing people, benefits and culture but a Times Top 50 Employer for Women as well, a reflection of our commitment to equality in the workplace.
AXA Retail now has an excellent opportunity for a full time (35 hours) permanent Technical Pricing Analyst. Initially home based due to COVID-19, we encourage and enable smart working and flexibility and foresee this role being split between home and our London and Weybridge offices.
This Technical Pricing role provides fantastic career development opportunities within our dynamic Retail Pricing department that will see you being a part of a team where you will take responsibility of supporting projects that continually improves statistical models of claims and expenses, using both traditional and data science/contemporary techniques. This role would suit a maths / economics or science graduate (BSC degree), looking for a role in pricing who wants a career in insurance. Pricing candidates who have just started their career would equally be suited to this opportunity.
- Create, validate and reconcile datasets and undertake appropriate analysis
- Support in the creation, maintenance and deployment of rating models that predict claims cost and allocate expenses
- Contribute to the specification, development and testing cycles for deployment of rates
- Consider the impact on customers of pricing actions and act to avoid any unfair treatment
- Assist in producing and developing appropriate monitoring for pricing and other stakeholders
- Provide technical underwriting and pricing support to assist the business in achieving its plans
- Develop own skills and capabilities
- Build strong relationships with managers, peers and stakeholders.
Skills / Qualifications
The Technical Pricing Analyst role predominantly suits a highly organised analytical individual with excellent numerical mathematical skills. We require you to have a 2.1 degree or higher in a mathematics related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency.
An understanding and knowledge of machine learning techniques and programming languages such as Python, R, SQL and SAS is desirable. You’ll be comfortable with using the suite of MS Office (especially Excel), with the ability to manipulate data. As you’ll be working with a variety of stakeholders, you’ll need to be confident at understanding technical concepts and communicating back to non-technical audiences. Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure will also be important.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of problem-solving skills & initiative
- Effective communication skills to help establish a network within AXA
- A continuous appetite to learn and develop skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work
- Embracing teamwork by supporting and respecting others.
What we offer
At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary up to £31,250
- Annual performance/company bonus and salary
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- 3 days annual voluntary/charity leave
- Special leave for emergencies/bereavement/family planning
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Enhanced parental leave
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Access to Thrive mental health app
- Access to AXA Doctor at Hand video/phone GP appointments
- Free online fitness classes
- Life Cover (up to 10 x annual salary)
- Free LinkedIn Learning
- Professional qualifications support
- Flexible benefit options and multiple local and national discounts.
If you’ve the drive and passion to succeed and are looking for an opportunity within an award-winning company, this Pricing Analyst role with AXA is for you.
To discuss this role or find out more information, please contact our dedicated In-House Recruitment Expert, Harriet Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org
At AXA, we’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.