Corporate Tax Graduate Trainee Associate Aberdeen 2021
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
Our values are our motivations
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does that sound like you?
When it comes to tax, our specialist team is dedicated to supporting individuals and businesses save money, time and inconvenience. With hundreds of years’ worth of combined experience across the firm, our extensive knowledge means we are able to advise our clients on virtually every tax issue imaginable.
As part of your role as a Tax Associate you will predominantly be working in our corporation tax compliance team, and will provide assistance as needed on advisory projects. We would expect you to gain experience in dealing with all corporation tax compliance matters on a range of clients. As an integral and valued member of the team you will be expected to form and build long terms relationships with new and existing clients in order to assist them in achieving their objectives.
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our customers and the same goes for our people. As an Associate we will enrol to complete a professional qualification either the ATT/CTA pathway or ICAS/CTA pathway, the route of which to be agreed with the successful candidate. We will provide you full study support including paid study leave, mentorship and coaching as we support you all the way on your journey to becoming a qualified tax specialist in the future.
To get the job that you’ll love
- On track/achieved a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree
- Valid right to work in the UK
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who want to be more than just a team member, but who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
Here at Azets, we believe this is the start of your journey. We have developed a first-class training and development program to support you. So where could your journey take you?
A note from the Hiring Manager;
“A fantastic opportunity to train for a career in accountancy! We will provide you with the support and guidance needed to succeed and look forward to welcoming you into our friendly team”
Why join the Azets Family?
We will provide you with all the support you need to complete your ATT/CTA qualification, including college and study days, mentoring and comprehensive on the job training.
The relationship we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both ours and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees. In nurturing talent from all backgrounds, this helps us to grow our own and bring out the best in people.
What’s in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it’s time to step back and relax.
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays – Time to focus on your family and what’s important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Agile Working - We're on a mission to give you back your time. We embrace agile working where this is possible, we’re interested in the skills and experience that our people have not where they are located.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day. We want to provide our people with greater flexibility, and for our people to make responsible but informed choices about their working patterns, adjusting working hours to meet the needs of the business and themselves.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family. If you know someone with the skills we need, let us know and reap the rewards.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can plan both a career and a family