Maritime Services Graduate Safety Engineer (E&DS) Portsmouth 2021
We design and manufacture naval ships and submarines, as well as their state of the art combat systems and equipment. We also offer an array of associated services, including training solutions, maintenance and modernisation programmes to support ships and equipment in service around the world and the management of supporting infrastructure.
- To assist in the delivery of Safety artefacts to projects within scope to Engineering and Digital Services.
- Assisting in the production and presentation of Safety Case reports and assessments.
- Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle;
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the Product(s) produced by, or resulting from the project
What makes this role interesting
- Safety engineering within a marine environment.
- Using a range of common Safety management tools, techniques and practices.
- Understanding of industry and MoD Safety management processes
- Understanding of BAES Lifecycle Management and the Engineering Lifecycle.
- Application of Product Safety in order to identify safety issues, risks and faults associated with installation, commissioning, operation and through life support of systems.
- Undertake continuous personal development as required in order to build own skill, knowledge and competence in a range of business situations
What we require
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application