Graduate Project Manager 2022
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces - some of the most skilled people in the world - enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
The graduate programme is designed to give you ownership of your career aspirations, supported by training and practical experience to help you succeed. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be assigned a Career Manager, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. All of this is designed to complement your career development, fuel your ambition, and give depth to your training and career.
What you'll do
The role of a Graduate Project Manager is to harness the expertise of our talented and highly experienced Programme Managers, Service Delivery Managers and Project Management Control professionals to successfully support the delivery of a mixture of business and technical Projects, Programmes and IT Services.
As a Graduate Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to experience the range of services we offer our clients. You would typically operate across the entire project lifecycle and learn to take accountability for the successful delivery of various projects and services by ensuring that high quality planning; control and assurance practices are followed on all aspects of delivery.
As a Graduate Project Manager you could work across a number of disciplines within our business, these project roles could include: Project Management Officer, Project, Programme & Portfolio Management and Service Delivery Management. You will most likely start your career supporting across these professions, gaining increased autonomy once you have learnt the basics principles of project management.
- Project Management Office Support – You will provide support to a project team within the business, focussing on portfolios, programmes and projects. As part of this assignment you will learn the skills required to interpret and facilitate governance and reporting processes, project set-up and close down tasks as well as the management of project finance activities. As you develop as an individual, you will become responsible for guiding and training other members of staff, while supporting a culture of delivery excellence.
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Management – You will play an active role in supporting senior Project Management professionals in relation to mobilising teams as well as managing suppliers, contractors and associates. As part of this assignment you will support and contribute to all phases of a project, gaining experience of managing projects under the guidance of senior project management professionals within the business. You will identify risks and propose mitigations associated to projects, while contributing to the execution of Project and Quality plans. Stakeholder management is key to this assignment; you will be responsible for providing high quality reports, while proactively monitoring costs, timescales and resources.
- Service Delivery Management – You will work closely with internal business operations teams and external clients in order to identify and manage service improvement activities. As part of this assignment you will contribute towards the production of service reports, whilst managing any incidents or changes in the service and developing an in-depth understanding of associated service level agreements. You will play a key role in the support of Service Delivery teams in regards to assessing, analysing, developing, documenting and implementing changes within the service. With support from senior Service Delivery Management professionals, you will assist our pre-sales and commercials teams with bid work.
- You will need to have obtained or be studying towards a 2:2 or above
- Must have graduated within the last 3 years
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.