Submarines Safety Engineer Graduate Barrow 2021
As a Safety (Control Damage Hazards) Engineer you’ll provide support to the senior and principal engineers and/or external specialists during development of the Whole Boat or Site Safety Case. You will be involved in analysis and production of technical reports supporting team deliverables.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
The core duties may include but are not limited to:
- Shall support production of technical reports and relevant Safety Case documentation.
- Shall update existing technical reports (as deemed appropriate by the team lead).
- Shall support various analysis activities.
- If appropriate, shall support the identification of systems at threat from system-to-system induced hazards, and subsequent analysis and engagement with stakeholders to eliminate or minimise the impact.
- Shall review engineering documentation in support of analysis as required.
- If appropriate, support the development of CFD simulation methodologies and workflows
- If appropriate, support the review process for selection of CFD software.
- If appropriate, support the development and implementation of simulation data management (SDM) capability to implement a quality management system for CFD.
- If appropriate, support the development of in house software tools for improving the efficiency of the CFD simulation process.
- If appropriate, identify opportunities for continual improvement of the CFD team.
- If appropriate, support the preparation of CFD related training material.
- If appropriate, support the transfer and capture of knowledge within the CFD team.
- Shall organise and support workshops, desktop studies, walkdowns etc as required to support deliverables.
- Shall provide secretarial and administrative support to the appropriate Working Groups.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical), Fire Engineering, Explosion Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or related subjects
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.