Air Information Systems Engineer Placement Warton 2021
A BAE Systems Information Systems Engineering (ISE) role based either at Warton Unit or Christchurch will give you the opportunity to develop and support high integrity, secure, innovative and interoperable information systems. These are either sold directly to UK and export customers, or form part of systems and platforms provided by BAE Systems Air Sector or the wider BAE Systems business.
Your work might also be working on an Information System that we use to provide a service to a customer.
Some examples of the systems you might work on include: communications systems, mission planning and management systems, secure gateways protecting classified systems, tactical datalink systems, training systems, and logistics planning systems.
Information Systems Engineering contains a number of speciality areas that you might be involved with during your placement:
- Enterprise and Systems Architecting
- Information Systems Development, including:
- High Integrity Information Systems Development
- Network Systems Development
- Secure System Development
- Information Assurance
- Information System Development
What will you be doing
On an undergraduate placement an individual would be expected to be involved in a number of the above areas related to the ISE discipline, primarily at either Warton Unit or the Christchurch site, to develop a broad understanding of information systems products, the engineering lifecycle and the role the discipline plays to underpin the design, development, test, maintenance and support of BAE Systems products.
For the IP role only there may be opportunities to move between the Warton and Christchurch sites as business need and undergraduate aspirations dictates.
What are we looking for
- Predicted 2:2 degree studying Systems Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or any other STEM subject with relevant modules
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Passion and enthusiasm to develop as an individual.
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a diverse team.
- An ability to network and form effective relationships with customers, both internal and external