Submarines Metrology ICS Placement Barrow 2021
Manage the company recall system and provide Metrology based Training Needs Analysis and develop appropriate Metrology training, meeting programme and project commitments. Have responsibility for the provision, maintenance, installation, operation and removal of Shield Survey Equipment.
The Instrumentation Calibration Services (ICS) Department has the responsibility of calibration, maintenance, managed collection, storage and delivery of test and production equipment.
Equipment maintained and calibrated include Electrical, Mechanical, Gas, Dimensional, Temperature, Communication, Fixed Plant and Ionizing Radiation test and measurement equipment.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
The core duties of the Instrumentation Calibration Services department are wide ranging, they include but are not limited to:
- Calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment in line with programme, and commercial requirements including where UKAS accreditation is required
- Collection, managed storage and delivery of calibrated equipment for internal and external customers
- Operation, management and maintenance of the calibration and Nuclear Instrumentation facilities under the ownership of Instrumentation Calibration Services
- Storage, Management, Preparation, Calibration, Readout and delivery of information from Radiation Shield Survey and Experimental Passive Dosimetry
- Maintenance, installation, operation and removal and a distributed active radiation monitoring system (Gamma and Neutron)
- Maintenance and operation of handheld Gamma and Neutron test and measurement equipment in support of the Secondary Shield Survey
Instrumentation Calibration Services have several key accountabilities including but not limited to:
- Advise design, build and site activities with regards to radiation measurement techniques and equipment
- Advising of design, build and site activities with regards to radiation measurement techniques and equipment
- Specification, procurement, development, integration, commissioning and, documentation of Software and/or Mechanical Systems and components as part of specialist metrology projects.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s degree.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.