Field Engineering Graduate Programme 2021
Our Early Career Program in Field Engineering inspires and guides recent graduates through career-shaping experiences. This program is up to 3 years and gets you involved in helping clients locate and produce energy more efficiently. Program graduates have the foundations to make innovative contributions to our future.
Take your career to the next level
As a Field Engineer, you will be the key interface between our on-site teams and the client. You will work technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly. By making innovative contributions to our future, you will also help create reliable, high-quality support for our customers.
As part of out Early Career Program in Field Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Working as a crew member deploying tools and services, including liaison with customers and shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing, documenting and receiving outbound and inbound equipment in shipments to and from the well site
- Providing support for tenders, including data analysis and cost estimates, as well as supporting invoicing activities
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities to develop a holistic understanding of the business
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (all fields), Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geosciences or similar.
- Have a maximum of three years of work experience post - Bachelor's degree
- Be fluent in written and spoken English, with strong communication skills
- Be able to travel internationally
- Be legally entitled to work within the country in which you are applying
- Have good interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for teamwork and the ability to guide others.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these, we can offer some in this role. Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious and collaborative. Were on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data and science.
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, were committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and were always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Lets come together and take energy forward.
Please ensure you apply as early as possible and no later than 15th January 2021 to be considered for this role. Final assessments will be held in early 2021 and you will be informed if you have been successful in your application as soon as possible. Start date for this role is July 2021 onwards.