Operations Placement 2021
Are you looking for an internship opportunity working in a fast-paced business environment? If so, then this is the internship for you!
You will be responsible for supporting the UK services team to deliver process improvements for our customers. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in Operations and Supply Chain and a willingness to learn. If this sounds like you then send in an application! This is a 12 month internship placement.
Partner with the best, what we are looking for
- Working closely with the Operations team to improve the business process
- Supporting projects through vision & implementation related to business and manufacturing processes (Materials Management, Planning, Quality Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Project Management, Invoicing, Sourcing)
- Visualizing operational data and drive actions to improve KPI`s (e.g. Overdue Orders)
- Liaising with cross-functional business units including Finance, IT & Logistics
- Understanding business processes, issues and concerns and translate into solutions
- A keen interest in digital solutions and improvements, able to work independently to a high standard
- Have excellent analytical, project management and tracking skills
Technical Skills needed
- Knowledge/interest in ERP/MRP systems
- Knowledge/interest in data management, visualization and coding (e.g. MS VBA, SQL)
- Knowledge/interest in Oil & Gas or other industrial sectors
- Knowledge/Interest in Contract Reviews, Analysis and Management
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently enrolled or have recently completed a degree from an accredited university in Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management or similar.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions in the country you have applied. (We do not provide sponsorship or relocation)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.