Graduate Bid Manager - 2020 - Rotational
We designed our two-year Bid Management Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. Our business schemes call for wide-ranging skills, so this is exactly what youll gain. Youll join a thriving graduate network. And as you progress, youll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial.
By joining our Bid Manager graduate scheme, youll work closely with the people who are driving the business forward. Over the two year development programme, youll get a taste of different business areas in different placements, with each one offering an insiders view of the people, processes and technology that are transforming our business. The outcome of the programme will be to specialise in Work Winning and Bid Management finding opportunities, developing tenders and winning the projects that keeps the business going. Through this role you get to work with all the functions in the business operations, procurement, estimating, commercial, planning and health, safety & environment as well as our clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you'll be doing
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Develop goals and objectives that lead to growth and prosperity
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and write reports
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Represent the company in events, conferences etc.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
What we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you will be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you'll need
- A minimum of a 2:2 BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- Ideally previous work experience
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.