We designed our Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, quality, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Building Services Graduates follow a training programme, geared towards you achieving a Charted Status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What you'll be doing
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and youll find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of Balfour Beatty are maintained
- Working with detailed designs
- Use specialist CAD software and other resources required for the project
- Use and develop Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Assessing the potential risks of the project
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and subcontractors, construction engineers, consultants and clients
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Assist with managing budgets and other project resources
- Identify and managing change, as the client may change his or her mind about the design
- Ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project
- Attending meetings to discuss the project
- Oversee and supervise the installation of the Building Services
- Monitor the installation for both Quality and Productivity
What we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you'll need
- A degree in Building Services Engineering (BEng)
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.