Graduate Electrical Engineer 2020 Derby
Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
Youll be involved in the whole project life cycle from selection and sourcing of products, negotiating with stakeholders, assessing, planning works, monitoring, reviewing and achieving company aims and objectives. We will also be looking to give you valuable site experience to enhance your understanding of our UK operations. We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical engineering with a clear focus on site experience. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you'll need
- A minimum of a 2:1 BSc, BEng or MEng in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.