We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You'll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you'll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
What you will be doing
Our aim is to develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical materials engineering related to earthworks, aggregates, concrete, asphalt and similar products, including technical, commercial and environmental aspects. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the supervision of specialist contractors, construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems through innovative materials solutions. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Materials Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you'll need
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) Geology, Geography or similar Earth Sciences subject
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.