Graduate Mechanical Engineer - South East
About the programme
We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You will have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you will soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Mechanical Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited IMechE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What you'll be doing
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and you will find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Assessing project requirements
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analysing and interpreting data
Who we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you will need
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.