Electrical Maintenance Technician Aberdeen 2023
Balmoral Comtec, a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
The post holder is expected to carry out Preventative/Reactive Maintenance and Installation of the Factory Production Plant’s Electrical equipment, in a safe and competent manner in compliance with all relevant standards and regulations.
- Carryout Fixed and Portable appliance testing.
- Carryout breakdown response including fault finding
- General electrical installation and maintenance.
- Construct control panels.
- Minimisation of Production down time.
- Record maintenance work carried out.
- Assist Mechanical and Fabrication Engineers when required.
- Must be prepared to work shifts including nights and cover 24 hour callout when required.
- Full recognised electrical apprenticeship.
- Good general standard of education.
- 18 th edition qualification.
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or related subject.
- Be graded to Approved standard.
- Practical experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of 3PH/1PH motor controls.
- Ability to fault find using drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work with most forms of cable and wiring mediums.
- Previous maintenance within a Factory Production environment.
- Control panel construction.
- Repair knowledge of hand tools and equipment.
- Flexible with regard to working hours.
- Ability to work at heights from work platforms and scaffolds.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with written and spoken English.
- PC Literate
- Health and safety awareness
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- PLC knowledge and understanding.
- Clean UK Driving Licence