Graduate Civil Engineer 2021
We are seeking a graduate civil engineer who wants the opportunity to apply their creative skills on challenging, high profile projects in our stimulating, inter-disciplinary design studio in Dublin. You will have a unique opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging infrastructure designs in residential, education, retail, workplace, hotel and aviation.
You will be an engineer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience ideally from a building consultancy background. You will be able to demonstrate excellent technical aptitude supplemented by outstanding IT skills. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career at one of Ireland’s leading interdisciplinary building design practices.
- Design of civil engineering projects from concept stage through to the construction stage;
- Day to day civil design tasks and co-ordination of drawing output;
- Interface with local authorities and stakeholder bodies;
- Developing good relationships with the C&S team and other professions across BDP.
The successful candidates will require to:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience and good knowledge and experience of the following areas of civil engineering design:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings, roads, public realm and landscape projects;
- Road and pavement design associated with building projects;
- SuDs design systems;
- Good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles, design standards and legislation;
- Strong practical knowledge of Civils 3D, PDS, AutoCAD, Microdrainage and WINDES.
Your personal skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering civil engineering design projects;
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail; • The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure; • Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques; • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
About us BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality. In March 2016, BDP combined forces with Japan’s leading engineering practice Nippon Koei to form an integrated design group of genuine international reach. Our union with Nippon Koei creates a global design practice which fuses place making and user-centred design with large scale infrastructure skills. Our engineering studio is vibrant. We offer leading thinking and inspirational solutions in the fields of engineering. Our aspiration as engineers is use our engineering ideas to help shape design rather than simply deliver an architect-led solution. We design structures with maximum value for our clients and minimum impact on the planet.
BDP Offers In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a flexible pension allowance, employee profit shares, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
To Apply Please enclose a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you believe you are suitable for the position, including an indication of your salary expectations.