Part II Architectural Assistants 2021
Due to recent new commissions we currently have vacancies for Part II Architectural Assistants based at our Manchester studio on a permanent basis.
About the Role
You will be working closely with multi-disciplinary design teams assisting in the creation of conceptual design proposals and in the production of presentation-style images, using a variety software media.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Concept design production from area schedule briefing information
- Creation of concept model options in a variety of software platforms
- Development of preferred concept option into presentation standard models
- Creation of Revit models from concept through to production of information stages
- Rendering of model images in specialist software (Primarily Revit based)
- Development of masterplan and building plans using 2D CAD software
- Development of elevational and sectional models using 2D CAD software
- Creation of CGI views using Sketchup base model
- Post production work in Photoshop to Sketchup generated CGI views
- Post production work to elevations and sections created in Microstation
You will be a RIBA (Pt II) graduate or international equivalent along with:
- Excellent design and presentation skills using a variety of media
- The ability to communicate verbally, in English, in a clear manner
- The ability to communicate ideas compellingly through drawings
- Enthusiasm for team working
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Singapore and Canada. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
BDP's attractive remuneration package includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions. BDP also offers Employee Assistance Programme, All Employee Profit Share Scheme and Health Screening benefit. Sponsorship is available to you to study RIBA Part III.
We have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas. Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) network defines and drives forward cultural change. Our studio location by the waterside at Piccadilly Basin is near the vibrant northern quarter and close to Piccadilly station and central Manchester transport links.
Please attach a covering letter and current CV and small portfolio of work demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the position, and please ensure you state your personal contributions to the projects in your portfolio.
BDP is actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. We want our teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities we design for. As designers, we will create spaces for all that promote equity, wellbeing and participation within the built environment. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join us and help us to achieve our aspirations. We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly.