Data Graduate Internship 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn lots and do important work, all from the comfort of your own home?
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-orientated and highly organised person to join us immediately on a 6 month internship. In this role, you’ll be conducting research on the UK’s most exciting companies and contributing your findings to our innovative data platform.
Your research will be vital in helping high profile clients in government and the private sector – BEIS and Business Growth Fund to name a couple – to make investments, fuel growth and understand the most exciting parts of the UK’s economy!
If this sounds exciting, then read on...
As a Data Intern, you’ll play a crucial part in populating our platform with high quality information. The data you curate will help clients in Government, big banks & Universities to understand the most transformative elements of the UK's economy and help them decide:
- Which investors should they approach. What companies should they fund.
- What high-growth companies are likely to become the next Monzo or Deliveroo.
- What exciting new innovations are changing the way we live.
Your ultimate goal as our Data Intern will be to create profiles for a variety of high-growth companies.
More specifically within this, you'll be:
- Researching: Reviewing company websites, social media, press releases, investment reports and combing through Companies House
- Problem solving: Using your powers of deduction to work out what companies do
- Writing: Short and relevant descriptions to summarise companies and information around what they do
- Classifying: Sorting these companies into industries, helping our clients find the hidden gems they’re looking for
- Learning: Become an expert on the most transformational companies and investors within the UK
We’re looking for someone process-driven and diligent who is looking to gain experience at the heart of an exciting, high-growth company!
You’ll love this role if you’re an analytical, driven and organised problem solver, who thrives on getting stuck into tasks and gets a real sense of achievement from 'ticking things off'
- Minimum of BBB (or equivalent) at A level
- Based within the UK
- Be available for an immediate start
The ideal candidate:
- Process driven and methodical - you enjoy completing work in a logical, efficient manner & can easily spot inefficiencies
- Organised - you're adept at juggling multiple tasks and knowing how to prioritise
- Friendly! - Our data team is close-knit and loves to have a laugh
- Fast learner - you're quick to pick things up and make educated judgement calls
- Good with words - you'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're offering a paid internship of £320 per week in London / £300 per week outside London.
We want our team to be happy and healthy, so as well as that you'll also get:
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Virtual events from yoga and cooking to games and quizzes paid for by us!
- Talks: Interesting speakers coming to talk about interesting things
- Books: You can buy books that’ll help you perform well and join our book club evenings
- Wellbeing: Access to our coaches & counsellors if/when you need it
Historically, data on the most exciting companies in the UK has been severely lacking. We believe that great data makes for much better decision making, so have built a powerful tool to track every high-growth company in the UK from ‘seed’ through to ‘established’.
As an ambitious company ourselves, we are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the changing world. Most recently, our data has helped government bodies, investors and advisors understand Covid-19’s impact on businesses, helping to direct support where it is needed most.
However, the real key to our success is our amazing team. We’re a wonderfully diverse group with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks (which we encourage everyone to bring to work!). Everyone here is extremely passionate about what they do, driven to challenge themselves, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, has fun whilst doing it!
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply, please submit:
- Your CV along
- A short, tailored cover letter
- Answers to the following screening questions
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.