Graduate Research and Consultancy Associate 2021
We are the market leader for tracking the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our data platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
Other than the product, the real key to our success is our wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of interests and quirks - from bakers to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
We’re a market-leading tech company that provides data on the fastest-growing companies in the UK. Our Research and Consultancy team uses this data to provide bespoke projects for our clients, helping them to understand, work with and support these exciting businesses. If you’re interested in the economy/exciting UK companies and looking for a graduate role that offers both people-facing and independent, project-based work, then this could be perfect for you.
As a ResCon Associate, you’d get to pitch for and create projects for our clients. Your publications and projects would be widely distributed and cover the most cutting-edge topics (many of which you would propose yourself!). If you’re after variety, you’ve come to the right place. Your responsibilities would be extremely broad and could involve visiting an event in the morning, dabbling in data analysis after lunch and writing content in the afternoon.
Don’t worry though, we won’t throw you in the deep end! You’ll receive thorough training on absolutely everything you need before getting stuck in. Then, your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships: maintaining regular contact with your clients via email, on the phone, and in-person (over many a nice lunch!)
- Research & Data Analysis: using a combination of our platform’s extensive data and your own market research to collect and analyze data
- Content creation: writing beautiful projects that display your findings through diagrams and written content - you’ll learn how to use design software to do this
- Pitching: after your first 6 months, you can start proposing projects to clients yourself
Quick disclaimer: This is not scientific research or management consultancy, but it includes aspects of both. You’ll get to work with clients, conduct research, interpret data and create content - producing an array of important projects for our high-profile clients.
Who we're looking for
You don’t need to have a particular degree subject/experience for this. As long as you are good with people and comfortable interpreting data - we’ll teach you the rest. Ideally, you’ll be:
- A natural people person: you find it easy to get on with all sorts of people and like the idea of working with lots of different clients
- Interested in the economy: you keep up to date on the latest developments already. This will be super helpful when spotting your next opportunity to run a project
- Ambitious: you go above and beyond what is asked of you and are excited to develop your own projects and hit targets
- Analytical: you like working with data and can take meaning from the numbers.
- Creative: you have an eye for what looks visually appealing. This will come in handy when producing eye-catching reports and projects for our clients
What we offer
We're offering a competitive starting salary of £30k (£24k + £6k OTE). Also, we invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy. So as well as that, you'll get:
- Training: Structured training and regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme