Data Reporting Analyst
Business and Data Analysis
- Act as a key representative from data management to support projects, change management or/and Beazley’s strategic initiatives.
- Advise the business on best practices and challenge existing structure with regards to systems and processes on any project with a link to data
- Actively participate in sponsor groups, providing and presenting documentation and findings.
- Develop relationships with senior management and staff throughout Beazley, ensuring an open and constructive dialogue regarding business needs, wants and issues at all levels, as relevant to the project or on-going department responsibility.
- Provide business interface and analysis for any data requests ensuring requirements are fully captured.
- Undertake analysis of report requirements from the business to ensure effective delivery of reporting requests.
- Undertake gap analysis of data requirements and understand where needs can be met immediately, or system enhancements are required.
Data Visualisation & Reporting
- Production of regular and ad hoc reports for presentation to senior management teams, underwriters, actuaries, claims etc. as required
- Build and manage different types of reports, including operational, KPI, monitoring, data quality and regulatory reports
- Build and manage dashboard through a full lifecycle, from Requirements gathering through to training and monitoring after go-live
- Implement and automate new and existing reports through requirements gathering with stakeholders
- Provide data for regulatory returns when required
- Identify and drive opportunities for improving access to information and reports, including usage of reports across the group
- Host and run training sessions to inform stakeholders of report functionality to again increase usage
- Documentation of processes and logic used in reports with additional how-to-guides for end users
- Ensure data quality and governance best practices are applied in all work.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, and internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups .
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level educated – any discipline, or a proven level of experience within this role.
- Business Analyst certifications preferable.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised and structured thinking
- The ability to influence and impact business relationships internally and externally to Beazley
- Demonstrable structured techniques for evaluating business processes and documenting user requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative and prioritise own work
- Able to coordinate and challenge inputs from several departments, in order to propose and implement successful solutions
- Confident and comfortable to make recommendations and suggestions
- Comfortable interacting with senior individuals in the business and managing these stakeholders
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in the insurance industry, preferably the London Market
- Experienced in managing, analysing and manipulating data
- Expertise in data related projects
- Proven demonstration of problem solving
- Understands the challenges around utilising appropriately data and building solutions through considerations of both business processes and MI
- Use of various analysis and project management tools covering scope definition, requirements documentation and progress reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, Power BI and Qlikview
- Experience of creating data visualisations or infographics and being able to demonstrate value through visualisation
Aptitude and Disposition
- Ability to balance customer requirements whilst managing expectations of deliverables
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/internal and external suppliers
- Achievement drive
- Analytical and positive thinking
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Information seeker
- Problem solving
- Team working
- Business awareness/ corporate thinking