HR Operations Manager 2021
We are a specialist insurer with three decades of experience in providing clients with the highest standards of underwriting and claims service worldwide. Beazley is a proud participant in the Lloyd's market, the largest and oldest insurance market in the world. Through the Lloyd's broker network and the market's trading licences, we are able to access a wide range of insurance and reinsurance businesses from around the world.
To lead and manage an HR operations team to provide a high quality, customer focused service. To be a key member of the HR operations management team, helping to shape a global service proposition to provide a consistent level of support to all of our managers and employees.
HR Operations and Service
- Lead and manage the HR operations team in your location to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Responsible for the full employee HR operational lifecycle – new starters, onboarding, processing employee personal data and leavers.
- Lead and manage processes associated with absence and leave including maternity, paternity, holiday/time and labour and sickness, working with the business partners to address any issues that arise
- Support the payroll processes across your jurisdictions, ensuring that the team works with the payroll specialists and act as sign off
- Set up and ensure that the team are aligned to appropriate controls, such as SLAs, key risk indicators, etc to ensure effective service delivery
- Work with the Governance and Planning Manager to ensure that operational processes are compliant and ensure that the team adhere to these appropriately
- Work with the management team to develop and monitor operational budgets for your jurisdiction
- Partner with the other HR Operations Manager and Head of Group HR Operations to ensure a seamless global operation is delivered and build a HR Operational calendar
- Manager HR and payroll audits
Data and Systems
- Ensure systems are kept up to date in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the team to understand and develop MI and reporting requirements and lead the team to ensure that all operational processes deliver quality and timely data.
- Understand the key deliveries and provide project support/undertake projects as required, ensuring that the operational elements are delivered to time, cost and quality
- Work with the HR Systems and Data Manager, to ensure that are systems are maintained and developed appropriately, acting as Super User escalation in the first instance
Benefits and Reward
- In conjunction with the reward team to develop and maintain a market leading global benefits provision that is aligned to business requirements
- Ensure that all aspects of compensation and pay management are appropriately administered, including the annual salary and incentive review process
- Manage relationships with all benefits and other third party vendors as appropriate, ensuring Beazley receive best value for money at all times
- Manage and lead any vendor reviews as required.
- Keep up to date with the Employee Experience team delivery and requirements to ensure that the operational provision is continuously tailored to support the team.
- Keep up to date on legislative changes and work with the Employee Experience team to ensure that Beazley adopts best practice
- Develop and maintain staff handbooks where and when needed, accounting for the risk/audit requirements as required
- Represent Culture and People on various committees and working groups such as information security, providing advice, guidance and support as required.
- Work with the rest of the team to develop the global mobility policy and processes to ensure consistency and transparency
- Lead on all secondments that are incoming to your jurisdictions, working with the business partner to ensure that the package is structured appropriately
- Manage the third party vendors relationships associated with global mobility, including tax and visa advisors, to ensure a quality service is delivered
- Understand the visa and immigration requirements in your jurisdiction and ensure that operational processes are compliant and pass any audits as required
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, intermediate Excel and maintaining information systems
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in HR operations and service
- Knowledge of HR policies and regulations, ideally globally
- Customer service experience
- Understanding for the need for accurate and timely management information
Aptitude and Disposition
- Hands-on approach
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- Achievement drive
- Interpersonal understanding
- Customer focus