Investment Reporting and Operations Analyst
With support from the Investments Reporting and Operations Manager, be responsible for the day-to-day operations for the Fixed Income investment portfolio.
Assist in the investment data production of various reporting deliverables (IFRS, Solvency II, Lloyd’s trust funds and regulatory submissions) to other teams within finance.
Provide support to the Investment Reporting and Operations Manager in activities relating to projects, the corporate finance team and/or other ad-hoc requests as and when required.
Assist in cross training team members to provide absence coverage such that the corporate finance team can maintain satisfactory service level.
- Monitor the investment operations processes to ensure the processes are efficient and effective and the investment operations control environment is maintained appropriately.
- Work closely with the Investments Reporting and Operations Manager, Investment Managers and Compliance to ensure the funds are managed in line with investment management agreements.
- Manage the day-to-day investments operations, including maintenance of custodian accounts, trades management, resolution of ops issues and position reconciliations.
- Assist and review the monthly Fund NAVs produced by the fund administrators.
- Maintain good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including investments team, compliance team, the fund administrators, custodians and trading counterparties.
- Oversight of new security set up requests from portfolio managers once appropriately approved.
- Review of investment management fees.
- Provide ad hoc support as required for the Investments Reporting and Operations Manager and the investment team. Prepare the monthly performance sheet of all Beazley’s funds each month end to support finance vs investment income sign-off process.
- Provide other information on the investments to the finance team as required.
- Provide oversight of the fund administrators with respect to reviewing the business and control environment and to resolving any issues.
- Identify potential improvements in investment ops process with the aim to automate as many standard manual processes as possible.
- Run the investment monthly and quarterly close process and resolving technical accounting issues to ensure all reporting deliverables and external and internal deadlines are met. This includes ensuring that accounting journals are prepared and posted into the ledger in a timely and accurate manner and uploading of cash/overseas reporting data into Clearwater.
- Perform the reconciliation of the ledger accounts in scope of investment reporting against data in Clearwater.
- Identify potential improvements in investment reporting process with the aim to automate as many standard manual processes as possible.
- Assist reporting teams on queries regarding investment reporting data.
- Together with investment team assisting with the production of SII asset look through reports within agreed timeline.
- Perform quarterly asset data reconciliation for Lloyd’s US Situs & Canadian trust fund returns.
- Support the coming into line process work closely assistant manager to ensure asset transfers completed in line with Lloyd’s requirements; ensure investments transfers are accurately captured in the ledger / investment data provider online system.
Project work and activities
- Assist in providing support from Corporate Finance perspective on modernisation and other business/strategic initiatives ensuring relevant requirements are fully met.
- Support the corporate finance and investment teams in the planning, testing, execution and implementation of treasury/investments related project(s) and be responsible for various project management tasks to ensure key milestones are met and issues are escalated as and when required
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum degree level education
- Accountancy qualification
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in financial services settings essential
- Previous experience in investments ops or investment reporting is desire
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Outlook, intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Effective communication skills- both verbal and written
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to work independently and think outside the box
Skills, Aptitude and Disposition
- Attention to detail
- Accurate and numerate
- Concern for quality and accuracy
- Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to interact successfully with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- Keen to take on new challenges seeking experience in different areas
- An enquiring mind determined to solve problems using own initiatives