Personal Assistant Support
- Act as a first point of contact for both internal and external clients.
- For agreed stakeholders screen and respond to e-mails and telephone calls. Provide e-mail management support including management of meeting requests, organisation & filtering of e-mail.
- Provide diary management support for the team as appropriate, including arrangement of meetings, acceptance/declines, act as ‘gatekeeper’ to meeting requests, ensuring adequate time allocation/ travel time for meetings.
- Book internal and external meetings, away days, broker events, seminars etc. liaising with the relevant teams to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Produce, collate information, organise & ensure the distribution of papers/reports in advance of meetings and seminars.
- Follow up on agreed action items from meetings.
- Minute taking.
- Attend meetings and team briefs.
- Produce accurate correspondence including letters, memos and facsimiles on behalf of the relevant team members, including dealing with routine correspondence and enquiries.
- Arrange end-to-end business travel by coordinating with the travel team.
- Maintain business specific reports where required.
- Process expenses for agreed stakeholders.
- Take the initiative to identify and resolve problems as they arise to facilitate the smooth running and continuity of business.
- Act as an ambassador for the relevant team members both internally and externally particularly during times of their absence from the business whilst ensuring that they are fully appraised of any important developments.
- Manage ad hoc tasks/projects as requested by the team.
- Assist other PAs within the UCO team where necessary.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, talent management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced in all Microsoft Office programs
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Excellent understanding of organisational processes
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven Personal Assistant experience
- Experience of arranging complex travel plans and itineraries
- Experience of minute/note taking in meetings
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues and external suppliers
- Completes work to deadline
- Concern for quality
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Relationship building