Underwriting & Claims Operations Administrator Vancouver 2021
To assist the underwriting and claims teams BSS US UCO supports in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to clients.
- Create & issue policy documentation accurately and timely
- Support Underwriting staff in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service.
- Efficiently clear, reserve and decline submissions for the underwriting teams BSS US UCO supports currently or in the future.
- Maintain accurate levels of data entry in all systems processing.
- Consistently meet service level agreements set by business teams.
- Provide professional service to brokers/underwriters/claims in all interactions.
- Uphold team standards through supporting other team members in the Services team or in related teams in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Participate in cross-team and intra-team projects as required.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Comply with standards for timeliness, quality, professionalism and accuracy.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
- Quality review of submissions at direction of the manager.
- Produce ad hoc reports for senior managers, underwriters and other members of staff as requested.
- Support claims staff in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service as requested
Education and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College degree in any discipline – preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate.
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS office.
- Communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Background in accurate, high volume data entry.
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven administrative experience, preferably within insurance sector.Aptitude and Disposition
- Task-focused, self-motivated and flexible.
- Consistent professional approach; able to successfully interact with managers/underwriters/ underwriting support personnel.
- Positive, enthusiastic and service-oriented.
- Self-motivated team member.
- Achievement orientation
- Detail oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving