Investment Banking UK Summer Internship 2021
Berenberg was established in 1590, and today we are one of Europe’s leading privately owned banks, focusing on the business divisions Investment Banking, Corporate Banking as well as Wealth and Asset Management. The Bank is run by managing partners and has a strong presence in the financial centres of Hamburg, London, New York and Frankfurt. Our 1,573 employees carry the Bank’s Long tradition of success into the future.
How does the programme work?
At Berenberg we believe talented people are the key to our success. We are looking to hire a number of summer interns with a passion for Corporate Finance onto the inaugural Investment Banking Summer Internship Programme. This three month internship programme will not only provide you with a comprehensive training programme, equipping you with the skillset necessary to excel in your role. Further to this, you will also actively support the IB UK team in originating, structuring and executing ECM transactions, as well as providing detailed analysis and screening of companies as well as industry sectors, in preparation for origination initiatives and client pitches.
Stand-out interns may also be fast-tracked for following years’ International Graduate Programme assessment centre.
Who we'd like to meet?
We encourage applications from candidates with the following attributes:
- Stellar academic record, ideally a Master’s degree from a top Business School;
- Previous internships or trainee experience within an investment bank or corporate finance firm with
exposure to ECM transactions highly welcomed;
- Possesses an excellent understanding and genuine curiosity about Equity Capital Markets;
- Strong knowledge of company valuation, financial modelling and highly numerate;
- Someone who thrives in a high pressure, yet rewarding environment;
- Adopts an analytical and methodical way of working combined with a high degree of self-motivation;
- At the time of commencing employment, successful applicants should have full working rights for the UK