Junior Information Security Analyst 2021
A Junior Information Security Analyst who will focus on IT Security and work alongside other teams to ensure IT systems are built and operated in a secure manner.
Information Security focuses on the technical side of system design, data security and functional audit. Their objective is to ensure that systems and services are built with ‘privacy and security by design’. You will be working with colleagues within our governance and compliance functions to provide audit capabilities and confirm data is being used within the bounds of regulatory requirements.
The team ranges from graduates to time-served engineers with backgrounds in sys-admin, networks, service operation as well as security. We use market-leading, enterprise level tools to identify threats to the systems as well as in-house developed scripts and internet research.
The day to day work is fast paced and dynamic as we react to a changing landscape, both from business priority change and threat landscape.
Preferred skills and experience
- Strong desire to learn.
- Knowledge and understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of Information and Digital Security.
- Ability to understand, analyse and apply policy to existing technical environments as well as identify gaps.
- Degree in a related subject or experience in a technical support oroperations environment is desirable.
- Ability to examine data packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
- Strong communication and personable skills..
- High attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of developments in security technologies and their applications.
- Basic understanding of Network Infrastructure and Network Engineering topics.
- Responding to, and reporting on, system alerts from various monitoring technologies.
- Managing and using various tools related to threat identification.
- Undertaking security related investigations.
- Liasing with stakeholders to ensure that external documents are completed safely and that Information Security requirements are complied with.
- Creating and updating technical documentation.
- Undertaking vulnerability and controlling penetration testing.
- Taking an active role in audits..
- Staying up to date with new and emerging threats and escalating any of interest to appropriate teams for further evaluation.