Junior Network Engineer Stoke-on-Trent 2024
A Junior Network Engineer, who will learn to support and maintain our complex network infrastructure, ensuring seamless connectivity, high availability and optimal performance.
We are looking for an individual with a strong passion for networks. Under the guidance of experienced staff, you will handle challenging tasks with efficiency and precision, ensuring the seamless operation of our cutting-edge technology infrastructure.
Playing a vital role in supporting the function, you will be responsible for completing tasks such as monitoring our mailbox, picking up low-level tasks, creating firewall policy and troubleshooting network issues globally, all under supervision.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to establish a career in network engineering and collaborate with a dynamic team, contributing to the success of our Company in a rapidly evolving industry.
Our network is extremely resilient to support the continued growth of the platform and consists of a wide range of technologies from many market leading vendors.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company’s hybrid working from home policy.
Preferred skills and experience
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to adjust focus as required.
- Inherent self-motivation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification desirable.
- Familiarity with or certification in ITIL.
- Fundamental understanding of network technologies.
- Working in the BAU and build functions, completing tasks with accuracy.
- Collaborating with different business functions to facilitate the rollout of new products.
- Acquiring an understanding of network changes that could affect other business functions, whilst working with experienced team members.
- Providing professional and helpful assistance to end users.
- Supporting the incident management process, encompassing everything from minor incidents to critical website related issues.