Junior Production Database Administrator 2021
A production focused Junior Production Database Administrator to help support our databases ensuring their performance, scalability and security.
Responsible for the day to day management of all database servers, you will ensure the resilience, availability and maintenance of the database infrastructure that supports our business systems in a true 24/7 environment, keeping bet365 online.
The team works on large Microsoft SQL Server databases as well as smaller PostgreSQL databases, both of which are utilising high availability and disaster recovery configurations.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technologies greatest challenges.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company’s hybrid working from home policy.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of SQL Server.
- Awareness of SQL Server high availability features including replication and log shipping.
- Good communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables.
- High attention to detail.
- Assessing the quality of all UAT and production database releases ensuring bet365’s standards are followed.
- Deploying fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the process to completion and taking end to end ownership.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading SQL Server across different environments.
- Responding to and resolving ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requirements.
- Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting activity and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management to enable a capacity planning strategy to be employed.