GFI Junior Broker
There is an opportunity at GFI for an entry level opportunity within the Commodity Options team.
This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to be part of highly experienced team who are eager to teach and train new recruits.
GFI is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial markets, based in London. We are experts in our fields, agile and dynamic in our approach, and built upon the foundation of cutting-edge technology and exceptional talent.
- To further develop and build Carbon Options business (with some crossover into Gas & Power)
- Calling clients to obtain orders and stay on top of client interests and with best execution
- Search for new client contacts (Internet, LinkedIn, referrals etc) and getting any new contacts onboarded
- Meeting clients to develop relationships (will involve occasional travel)
- Keep up with day to day running of the desk, including deal processing and data research, develop desk research for clients, mostly quantitative
- Assist with the day to day operational and administrative functions of the desk, such as end of day reports, maintaining vol curves, personal admin
- Adhere to GFI’s policies and compliance with GFI’s operational risk requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- French or German language skills (preferable but not essential).
- Willing to relocate to a European office should the opportunity arise.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Resilient, resolute, persistent, and competitive attitude.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, intense environment.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Highly organized, punctual, and pro-active.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Ability to work independently but also well in a team.
- Competent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).