Power, Energy and Infrastructure Off-cycle Internship 2022
We are looking for Post-Graduates to join Cantor’s PEI Investment Banking internship programme for 3 months this Summer. This programme will involve working on interesting projects and assignments across Investment Banking Products (M&A, DCM etc.) the below PEI subsectors:
- Power (renewables, conventional generation, flexible generation)
- ESG (EV charging)
- Energy (storage, networks)
- Infrastructure (transportation, utilities, digital)
Our teams will give the incoming interns a strong learning platform and high levels of business exposure. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain first-hand experience with a strongly-established boutique investment bank and a better understanding of international corporate finance and financial markets.
- Conducting independent research and gathering information from publicly available and internal sources.
- Producing content around industry trending topics.
- Provide specified input for company profiles, presentations and other documents to support senior team members.
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in meetings.
- Contribute to the development and basic editing of Excel-based models, including valuations and other financial analysis Update team credentials and PEI-related materials.
- Provide support for various administrative tasks.
- Liaise with other junior PEI team members.
Skills and attributes
- Graduates who have completed their studies and can demonstrate a strong academic performance.
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Diligent and committed to excellence.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and good organisation skills.
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines.
The PEI Investment Banking group at Cantor consists of approximately 30 bankers in London, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai. It is a globally-integrated investment banking franchise with significant industry experience and established relationships with leading infrastructure, power, utilities and energy clients.
The PEI team has advised on more than 60 major deals since 2018 and won a number of industry awards.
Selection of deals across 2021 / 2022 completed by the team in London
- Q-Energy on the disposal of its Spanish Renewable Platform to Verbund AG, one of Europe’s largest utilities
- DIF on the disposal of its Irish motorway PPP portfolio to Semperian
- Northleaf Capital Partners on its acquisition of Uber Boats by Thames Clippers
- ACWA Power on the $800mm non-recourse refinancing of its RAWEC IWPP in Saudi Arabia
- CGN Infrastructure Fund III on the announced divestiture of wind and solar PV assets in China to Sembcorp for equity consideration of c$545mm, the largest inbound M&A investment in Chinese renewables
- AIMCo on the announced divestiture of Eolia, Spain’s largest independent renewables IPP, to Engie and Credit Agricole Assurances
- Mubadala Investment Company on its participation in a £1.125bn investment in CityFibre, the U.K.’s largest independent Full Fibre platform
- Daiwa Infrastructure Capital Partners on a minority investment in the Blue Phoenix Group, a sustainable alternative solutions provider for the EfW sector
- GSSG Solar on the divestiture of various Japanese solar assets
- DIF Capital Partners on its announced acquisition of Grupo Itevelesa, a leading Spanish technical services company
- Evos, a First Sentier portfolio company, on the acquisition of the four Oystercatcher terminals in the Netherlands and Malta from 3i and Oiltanking
- Dalmore Capital and Generation Capital on the acquisition of a 30% interest in Porterbrook, one of the UK’s largest rolling steak leasing companies, valuing Porterbrook at c£3.0bn
- DIF Capital Partners on the divestiture of its German and Dutch PPP business
- EIG Global on its acquisition and related financing of the West Burton CCGT and battery storage business
- Energy, a leading CEE renewables platform, on a) its investment from the Three Seas Initiative Investment Fund, b) acquisition of a portfolio of 36 solar PV plants in the Czech Republic, c) institutional private placement of €160mm of acquisition financing
- Orsted on its entry into European onshore wind through the €571mm acquisition of Brookfield’s business in Ireland and the UK
- ContourGlobal on its entry into the US power market with the $837mm acquisition of Western Generation Partners
- IJ Investor Global Financial Advisor of the Year in Energy – 2020
- IJ Investor EMEA Power and Utilities Deal of the Year– 2020 – ale of Bizkaia Energia, a 755 MW Spanish CCGT, to Castleton Commodities International
- IJ Investor Americas Power Deal of the Year– 2019 - Private placement refinancing of GridFlex Generation LLC, owned by Rockland Power –America’
- IJ Investor EMEA Power Deal of the Year– 2018 - HoldCo Private Placement of Bizkaia Energia - Sole Financial Advisor and Arranger to Arclight