Graduate Civil Engineer - Flood & Coastal 2021
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients. Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world. Every day, we’re doing work that improves lives, sparks economic development, strengthens public health and changes communities for the better.
Black & Veatch are recruiting a Graduate Civil Engineers to join their Flood & Coastal team based in Chester, Bradford-On-Avon or Redhill. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector. The candidate for this role should be motivated to gain their professional qualification within a few years. The ability to travel to Client offices and project sites is essential.
- Deliver packages of work within budget and work schedule to meet the Client’s requirements
- Understand project scope and identify contractual change
- Understand the customer’s basic and performance requirements
- Undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design
- Balance the workload of multiple projects
- Provide clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience
- Cooperate with the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and Regional Delivery Director.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a university accredited by the ICE
- Good grades at A-Levels in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects and/or Geography
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- Motivated to work on flood and coastal risk management and water projects
- Experience of producing flood risk assessments would be advantageous
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary high-performing team
- Creative and practical thinking
- The ability to design, plan and organise tasks
- Good problem solving skills and a desire to find solutions
- Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high level of computer literacy – knowledge and ability to use AutoCad and GIS would be advantageous
- Be driven to develop and improve your technical skills and advance your career
As a Black & Veatch professional, you’ll be working on sustainable solutions to some of today’s biggest energy, water and communications challenges. We have more than 100 offices worldwide and projects in more than 100 countries. This means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects all over the world. In addition we offer excellent benefits like:
- Competitive salary
- Pension (8% employer contribution when employee contributes 5%)
- Company funded life assurance
- Company funded income protection
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Online benefits scheme offering a wide range of flexible benefits
- Season ticket loan