Graduate Geotechnical Engineer 2021
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients. Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world. Every day, we’re doing work that improves lives, sparks economic development, strengthens public health and changes communities for the better.
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking an Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Chester. Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following under supervision:
- The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
- Site supervision of ground investigations
- Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
- Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions
- Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Preferred Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Basic knowledge of company quality program
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
Education & training:
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns:
Working towards Chartership – graduate member of ICE/CIWEM/IMMM
Full UK Driving Licence
Dynamic outgoing individual.