Strategic Partners - 2021 Summer Analyst
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
Blackstone Strategic Partners Overview
Strategic Partners is a global leader in illiquid fund investing, including secondaries, co-investments and primary advisory. The Strategic Partners business was founded in 2000 and has significant experience in providing limited partners a range of liquidity solutions across illiquid asset classes on a fair, timely and confidential basis. Strategic Partners is one of the most prolific secondary market participants in the world and is recognized as an innovative investor, with broad transaction capabilities that reinforce its established reputation as a nimble and responsive investor. Through its private equity, infrastructure and real estate platforms Strategic Partners has executed over 1,450 transactions that represent interests in over 4,000 underlying fund interests managed by approximately 1,400 different financial sponsors.
Blackstone’s Summer Analyst program offers a unique experience among financial firms, enabling participants to develop a well-rounded perspective on business and investing. Strategic Partners provides the opportunity to join one of the most active and long-tenured investment teams in the secondary private equity industry. The Summer Analyst will be involved in extensive valuation analysis and financial modeling of portfolio companies and funds across all private equity asset classes. The Summer Analyst will gain valuable experience by working on secondary transactions, co-investments, primary commitments and other unique deals. Additional responsibilities include preparing Investment Committee memos, structuring and executing investments, and conducting various research projects.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. Strategic Partners is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks candidates with a common set of abilities – highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, relevant experience and have the ability to work across different geographies, independently and as a member of a team. We are looking to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
The successful candidate must be:
- A driven individual with a strong sense of personal integrity.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results.
- An enthusiastic team member who collaborates well with others and builds strong working relationships.
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening.
- Resilient, flexible, open to feedback and focused on achieving excellence.
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions.
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability.
- Bring relevant experience to the role.
- Ability to work across different geographies across the globe.
To be considered for the 2021 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a bachelor or masters student
- Anticipated graduation date: 2022
- CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade
- CV must be in PDF format