Data Specialist - (Spanish, French, Italian, German or Russian Speaker)
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, managing workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, which makes the role diverse and provides an opportunity for continuous learning.
You will be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team, a fast-paced, high-energy group of analysts that support Bloomberg clients such as Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, and Traders, in the interpretation of both our proprietary and contributed data. You’ll also analyze data in order to gain insight into the needs of our clients and contribute to strategic business plans and product development. Aside from working with clients, your data analysis and technology skills will be put to use to add efficiencies to our workflows and processes.
Where can the role take me?
GDA analysts have the opportunity to move to a product-based team within the larger Global Data department, working on vendor management, product improvement and building strong client relationships with data providers and data users.
You'll need to have
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics
- Fluency in English and a main European language (Spanish, French, Italian, German or Russian)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and work with others
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Client-focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
What we'd love to see
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
- Familiarity with mark-up languages such as XML, SGML, JSON, YAML, and/or HTML