Junior Growth Product Manager 2021
Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is the only company providing objective software development productivity metrics. The technology has been implemented by some of the world’s largest organisations including insurance companies, telecoms and nine of the world’s top twelve Universal Banks. This successful product uptake has led to rapid expansion of the company, which since commercialising in 2014, has doubled its revenue and head-count year upon year, with no signs of stopping!
BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company with six global locations (HQ in London and 5 additional offices in India, Mexico and the US) and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Our distinctive technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University, and we now have enabled some of the largest and most successful organisations in the world to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
By putting the customer first, we have since developed three new ground-breaking products to help our client base get the best out of their software through understanding the efficiency of their software development teams.
As a Product Manager, you will be working in a cross functional role which will involve working with Sales, Marketing, Data Science and Engineering to draw and manage product strategy and feature pipeline. You will build and develop your team to focus on one of our 3 main products: Developer Analytics, Global Benchmark or Predictive Assessment.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and driving the product vision and strategy across BlueOptima with senior stakeholders
- Owning and defining new product features, roadmaps and success metrics
- Working with external stakeholders on user testing to rigorously determine customers' needs in a data-driven way and translate client feedback into actionable insights for further developing the product
- Own requirement collection initiatives involving collecting comments and feedback internally from Data Science, Sales & Marketing teams to sanity check the collected requirements with the Engineering team.
- Responsible for delivery timeline and work with across teams to get release prerequisites carried out.
- Work with technical writers on generating required release notes and documentation for release.
- Set-up, maintain and manage JIRA structure and track status with the team members.
- Prepare risk analysis and mitigation plan. Also ensure all the risk elements are identified, analyzed and mitigated throughout the entire project cycle.
- Be a clear communicator and creator of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth to identify market opportunities and new feature requirements, and build business cases.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a forward thinking individual who uses data to implement innovation and solutions. This person will be commercially and technically minded, in order to manage and deliver our products directly to our client base, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical, data-driven subject (e.g. Computer Science, STEM or equivalent)
- Experience in Product Management within a growth start-up SaaS organisation, leading end to end project delivery of small to medium and complex projects, involving multiple teams and stakeholders
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Built prioritisation frameworks and roadmaps
- Experience in Product scoping, requirement gathering, schedule and estimations reviews and validations, project execution, tracking and monitoring, documentation of concerned projects.
- Hands on experience with project planning, risk assessment and mitigation (risks, actions, issues, dependencies and changes), project reports, presentations, organize meetings and capture MOM.
- Worked on setting and applying KPIs and metrics to measure success and provide objective oriented results
- Worked on data analysis, visualization and clustering in a data science position
- Technical understanding of Google Analytics, JIRA and Figma
- Experience/interest in UX/UI design
Why Work For Us?
Our product is unique within the market and, even with the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have still maintained rapid growth within the company. There is huge scope for the growth of our product department and we’re looking for someone to take the reins and own the future development of their own team.
With a large focus on learning and development, we want you to grow alongside us as we strive to be one of the most innovative SaaS scale-ups in the UK today. The future is looking bright!
- Competitive salary
- Rapid growth and development
- Support for extra learning and development courses
- Work alongside like minded, passionate individuals
- Stimulating challenges where 2 days are never the same
- New, modern offices based in central London
- Free coffee, tea, snacks and more
Our recruitment process comprises of four stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete. Providing it is to a good standard, we will invite you to discuss the work sample with the hiring manager and another member of the team.