Change Co-ordination Placement (MINI Plant) Oxford July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint and final assembly.
To ensure that we are continually developing our workforce, we are looking for talented and motivated people who will inspire and shape our future business. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
This role supports the Change Co-ordination department, which is responsible for the validation, communication and introduction of all product technical modifications into new vehicle programmes, as well as series cars in Plant Oxford. You will overtake specific projects depending on the ongoing needs of the department. Our team is seeking an intern to join from July 2024.
What will you be doing?
- Coordination and issue of build lists / parts call offs for MINI pre-series vehicle builds and maintaining the department’s key performance measures.
- Executing and communicating key reports, identifying opportunities to develop these further with the aid of data analytics and a process improvement mindset.
- Supporting the processing of new change content from the central BMW technologies (including networking with German colleagues).
- Supporting the organisation and running of key meetings within the team on a weekly basis.
- Shadowing and supporting the departmental functions.
- Supporting activities relating to audit readiness.
- Leading departmental housekeeping activities (5S process).
- Maintaining a flexible work methodology to allow additional tasks to be undertaken.
- In addition to this, we will give you varied and challenging projects to fulfil throughout your placement in order to develop your problem solving and organisational skills.
- Studying a Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in a Business Management, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering course.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German would be beneficial.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office, ideally with understanding and experience of data analytics tools (eg. Power BI and Celonis).
- Knowledgeable in programming Excel (VBA) and SQL would be beneficial.
- Enthusiastic and a good team player, with a willingness to integrate and learn.
- Self-disciplined, reliable and conscientious.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, a video interview and then a face to face or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com